Hello, I’m Chris O’Connor, I was born in Widnes, but spent most of my life being brought up in Rainhill. I have worked within the public sector for the last nineteen years. These two roles were split as seven years spent as a nursing assistant at Ashworth Special Hospital and the other twelve years as a front line police officer.
I attended City University in London in 2008 and gained a Foundation Degree and an NVQ in Policing. I am passionate about helping and supporting people who suffer with mental health related conditions, through suffering with depression myself I soon came to realise that Solution Focused Hypnotherapy is a fantastic way to help people overcome brain related issues and reach new goals in their lives.
Through receiving Solution Focused Hypnotherapy myself I enrolled on a course which was operated by the Clifton Practice in Liverpool (CPHT). I am a qualified clinical hypnotherapist with a Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy (DHP) which is viewed by many as the ‘Gold Standard’ of Hypnotherapy Training. I have an enhanced DBS certificate for working with vulnerable adults and children and I am professionally insured by Holistic Services Insurance and I am a member of the Association for Solution Focused Hypnotherapy (ASFH).
I am passionate about helping people who are suffering with brain related conditions. The benefits of Solution Focused Hypnotheraphy in Sport are as follows:
- Reduce performance anxiety
- Remove self-made limitations or blockages
- Increase self-belief and confidence
- Learn anger control
- Facilitate better visualization and mental rehearsal
- Positively reframe and release past negative experiences
- Increase motivation
- Remove any negative thoughts before, during and after competition, replace with positive thoughts
- Improve specific skills by practicing mental rehearsal techniques
- Improve healthy habits including nutrition, weight control, sleep, substance abuse, self-care/balance, etc.
- Enhance healing from injury and promote return with intact confidence